Thursday, December 10, 2009

I am starting a college ballet class and wondering what should I wear?

I am a bit overweight 150 lbs but hold it mostly in my bust and thighs. I plan to wear leotard and tights at least under my clothing so what can I wear on top to make it a bit more modest. I'll more than likely be running to my next class directly after my ballet class so it needs to be somewhat appropriate for class. I know you can wear yoga pants and such but can you get those from a dancer store?



I am starting a college ballet class and wondering what should I wear?musicals



It's a good idea to wear a leotard and tights to the first class just in case the teacher is strict. However, it would be extremely rare for non-dance majors to have to adhere to a strict dress code. Mostly, ballet teachers need to see your body shape (which means no button-down mens shirts) and you need to be able to move easily. Therefore, outfits consisting of sports bras + camis on top, along with booty shorts, biker shorts, or yoga pants on the bottom should be just fine. Also, feel free to wear whatever underwear you like as long as no panty parts show. Layering helps, as do thong panties. I'm sure you'll quickly get a sense of the wide array of options after your first class.



I am starting a college ballet class and wondering what should I wear?opera songs opera theater



you can buy yoga pants or ballet shorts in almost any dance store.



also you can try sweaters (for dancing) or leg warmers which adult or professional dancers use during class.



if you've got on a skirt or ballet shorts, you can just slip on a t-shirt or jacket when going to your next class!



if you look up in the Internet, you can check all kinds of neat ballet wear!
if you're required to wear a leo and tights, blck and pink are the traditional combination. if you can wear yoga pants, they are available at dance shops, but much cheaper at places like target or walmart. just make sure they're fitted enough for the teacher to see your legs. on top, you can wear a ballet sweater, or just a fitted t-shirt, as long as the teacher approves and she can see how your body is moving. your prof will most likely go over the dress code and answer all your questions the first day of class. good luck, you'll really enjoy this!
Generally,a bra%26amp;panties aren;t worn underneath%26amp;yes,you should be able to find yoga pants in a dance wear store.Try an over-size man's buttondown shirt for a top%26amp;add legwarmers.
At disountdance.com , there are leotards with built in bras, and they are cheaper than an average dance store, and they are very reliable. Also, built in wirless bras are much more comfortable for dancers with bigger busts. (compaired to a average bra under a leotard) Built in ballet bras give much more support, and stop that uncomfortable bouncing that happens when you jump or turn. Make sure that your dress code at the ballet place that you are going to lets you wear clothes over your leo and tights. If not, or if it's too uncomfortableto dance in clothes, you can also find many leotards that aren't as revealing. Hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
ltd